Interview Experience of ORACLE (OFSS)
College NIT Trichy
Eligibility Criteria :- >=6 Pointer Out of 10
Four Student got Selected here I am sharing one of them.
Hope you all are preparing well. Sharing my experience for OFSS. It should be enough for you for this firm at least.
There are three rounds of the recruitment process:
1. Online Aptitude Test
2. Technical HR
3. Behavioral HR
I. Online Aptitude Test:
It is divided into 4 sections
– Computer basics
– Software Engineering Test
– Verbal test
– English Test
There are only 10 questions from Quantitative Aptitude. It is really time consuming. Questions in rest of the sections were easy. Preparation for C and C++ is required. Some ADA concepts, AVL trees, flowcharts were there which were time consuming. And the English section can be solved pretty fast.
You don’t need to perform extraordinarily in the paper. Just stick to basics and you will clear this round. You can go through the previous years’ papers to have some idea about the questions.
II. Technical HR
They can really ask anything in technical HR. One needs to prepare well for all the subjects. But only the basics are required. You need to be thorough with C, C++ and DBMS. They can even ask questions in Java. They can ask you to discuss your project in detail or they can even ask just few questions from it.
Some of the questions I faced were:
– Tell me something about yourself (Don’t mention about your family here, unless asked)
– Strength and Weakness (Try to answer from Academic point of view)
– Write a program to reverse a string using pointers.
– Write a program to remove spaces from a sentence.
– What are the different types of sorting and searching. Discuss all the types and the approach used.
– What are DDL, DML and DCL.
– What kind of project you have done. What is it about.
– What would you prefer- Internship or project in college?
– What are threads?
– What is multithreading?
– Have you implemented threads?
– What is call by reference and call by value? Which of these is used in Java?
All they focus on is- how confident you are while answering the questions. They might try to confuse you sometimes to test you how confident you are. Relax yourself. Answer the questions tactfully. Take your time, think the answers in your head for a few seconds and communicate clearly. Once you clear this round, you can go for behavioral HR round.
III. Behavioral HR
What they want to judge in this round is- how smartly you answer, how fluent you are while communicating, and your confidence level. Some of the questions I faced are:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- What made you join this college?
- Why do you want to join Oracle and not any other company?
- Was there any situation you had a fight with someone? If yes, give details. And, how will you handle this situation in future if you’re faced with it again?
- Which is your dream company?
- Any questions? (Don’t avoid asking question(s) in the end)
- He also asked me 3 men and hats puzzle during interview:
Cannibals ambush a safari in the jungle and capture three men. The cannibals give the men a single chance to escape uneaten. The captives are lined up in order of height, and are tied to stakes. The man in the rear can see the backs of his two friends, the man in the middle can see the back of the man in front, and the man in front cannot see anyone. The cannibals show the men five hats. Three of the hats are black and two of the hats are white. Blindfolds are then placed over each man’s eyes and a hat is placed on each man’s head. The two hats left over are hidden. The blindfolds are then removed and it is said to the men that if one of them can guess what color hat he is wearing they can all leave unharmed.
The man in the rear who can see both of his friends’ hats but not his own says, “I don’t know”. The middle man who can see the hat of the man in front, but not his own says, “I don’t know”. The front man who cannot see ANYBODY’S hat says “I know!” How did he know the color of his hat and what color was it?